We are committed to our responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and adults who may be at risk of harm.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
Our appointed Safeguarding Officer is Mrs K Barker who can be contacted on email@example.com
Local – children
- BCP Council – call 01202 458101 or 01202 458102
- Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) – call 01202 458873
Local – adults
- BCP Council – call Bournemouth Care Direct on 01202 454979
- Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Safeguarding Adults Board – call 01202 261015
- NSPCC – call 0808 800 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childline – call 0800 1111
- Stop It Now – call 0808 1000 900
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) – call 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans – call 116 123
- Family Lives – call 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – call 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse – call 0808 808 8141